Virtual conference: 6 tips and tricks you need to know
What is a virtual conference?Before you learn how to organize an online conference, you need to know what it is. In simple terms, a virtual conference is an event that can last several days and takes place on virtual platforms. Registered participants attend the sessions via the Internet, in real time and without the need to be physically present. These conferences can be held in different formats, such as round tables, educational sessions, trainings or demonstrations. The objective of these online events is to transmit information or to make a product or service known. In general, these meetings are collaborative and allow free participation of the attendees.
How to hold a virtual conference?Although the organizers of an online conference do not have to worry about the venue, accessibility, transportation, food, decoration and other details, the logistics of these virtual events are just as challenging. In this sense, it is necessary a thorough planning about:
- The digital technologies to implement.
- The devices or transmission systems.
- The registration of participants.
- The reinvention of the contents to be presented in digital environments.
- The inclusion of a more diverse and wide audience, from deaf-mute people or people who speak other languages.
- Constant technical assistance in case of failures.
- The strategic and conceptual design of the conference.
- Publicity of the event.