A hybrid event
is a meeting where face-to-face and virtual attendees meet at the same conference or event. The hybrid format
can include multiple meeting rooms and virtual content to increase participation and stimulate interest in your brand, product, company or business.
While activities that take place in a face-to-face environment can become strong points of interaction with investors and executives from other like-minded companies, virtual events can allow you to exponentially grow your target audience.
To design a successful hybrid event
, start by considering who you want to reach.
Think about your audience and design engagement strategies to create a palpable link of inclusion between them and your content. The advantage of achieving this interaction is that you can gain valuable information about their interests, while offering a unique, impressive experience with high creative value.
1. Why hybrid?
One of the fundamental notions of hybrid events
is their ability to take place in multiple spaces at the same time. This reduces the need to move from one space to another, avoids discrepancies between the agendas of the guests and enables the selection of an appropriate day and time for the event to take place.
The face-to-face event can take place in a boardroom, an auditorium or a virtual recording studio
. But the reception of the content can be experienced simultaneously in a virtual way anywhere in the world.
Among the great advantages offered by hybrid events
is precisely that: a significant increase in access to content
. To this must be added the elimination of geographical barriers and a result in its favor in economic terms of cost-benefit.
Although it may seem a novel concept, mainly as a result of the COVID-19
pandemic, the reality is that hybrid events
have been happening for years. Surely we have been part of one and have not realized it.
From this, a big question arises: What determines whether an event is hybrid or not?
2. Every hybrid event has a virtual part, but not all virtual events are hybrid in nature
Since both terms are related to each other, it is not surprising that we fall into the error of using both terms as synonyms. However, they are not, since the characteristics of a hybrid event
are different from those of virtual events
However, in order to establish a marked difference between the two events, let us start with a simple comparison that allows us to do so.
Virtual event VS Hybrid event
A virtual event
is one that is carried out through digital media, without any person-to-person interaction. They usually have a point of origin from which the information is retransmitted to the rest of the participants, either live or through pre-recorded content
Under this modality, congresses, fairs, webinars
are usually held through virtual meeting platforms or streaming platforms.
, on the other hand, are composed of two irreplaceable elements. While virtual events
do not require the physical presence of the attendees, hybrid events
require at least a small group to meet face-to-face.
This has the advantage of a greater reach than a face-to-face event, since the version developed through digital media has the same coherence as the event held in a physical space. In this way, the virtual interaction is as substantial as the face-to-face interaction.
3. So, what events are considered hybrid?
From the moment audiences, from their offices or homes, had the possibility of interacting with a massive event in real time, it could be said that they participated in a hybrid event
Events in which audience participation is encouraged, contribute precisely to the creation and development of such events.
For an event to be considered hybrid, it must comply with the following:
- Participants in both modalities have the same priority. Planning two sets of strategies, one virtual and one face-to-face, is mandatory. The hybrid event must provide an immersive experience for these two groups of participants, as both audiences are at the same level.
- Participation is appropriate, timely and in real time. Polls, general questions, and comments are made by both audiences. In case of incorporating pre-recorded content, this will also allow interaction from your audiences, through the participation of the rest of the speakers.
- Hybrid events can be tailored to the needs of your target audience and maximize the effectiveness of your event.
- While it can be difficult to organize a hybrid event, there are many perks to take advantage of. Events of this nature are scalable, have greater reach and lower the risk of financial investment.
- With the right technology, hybrid events can expand your digital presence and reach more remote attendees. In addition, the hybrid approach can provide valuable data and insights from both in-person and virtual attendees.
4. What is NOT a hybrid event?
Now, we must be clear that not every virtual event is a hybrid event
, even if it meets the characteristics of the first category. For practical purposes, what then prevents a virtual event from being considered hybrid?
- First, there is only participation and interaction of the speaker with the audience in face-to-face mode.
- Second, there is a rebroadcast of pre-recorded content involving only an audience present. Since it is an event that has already taken place, the possibility of interacting with the audience disappears or does not have the same impact.
5. The magnitude of the event does not determine its nature
From all of the above, you may well think that hybrid events
are reserved only for events of large magnitude. However, this is not entirely true. It is true that more and more interactive events are finding their place in digital spaces, while developing a traditional event, in a specific physical environment.
The truth is that hybrid events
are not exclusive to mass gatherings. If we start from this statement, we will realize that any digital event
, in which physical participation is a possibility, will also be considered as a hybrid event
Seminars, workshops, company meetings, congresses… Even in the case of small groups of people, as long as the above is respected, it will be considered as such.
6. Why hire a professional service?
One of the best options to guarantee the success of your event is to hire a professional service like Resolve Collaboration.
Our Complete Suite of Hybrid Event Production Services
has everything you need to make your event a complete success. This service includes:
- Professional Studio Rental
- Audio-Visual Specialists
- Executing Your Run of Show
- Technical support for presenters and attendees
- Fully Managed experience
- Join from Any Device
Learn about all the benefits of hiring a professional service for the development of your hybrid event
by clicking here
We are ready to meet your hybrid videoconferencing
needs. Contact us by phone at (888) 777-7965
for doubts or questions, or by email at email@example.com
Enhance your hybrid events